Hi, I'm Haley.
I'm an enthusiastic, out-of-the-box writer, editor, and geek who LOVES storytelling of all kinds. Whether I'm glued to an amazing film, writing on my own fiction, buried in a book, blasting some sweet tunes, or helping you tell your brand story, I'm usually immersed in some form of storytelling. When I'm not working on client projects, I'm playing with my kids, hanging out with my husband, or working on my fantasy novel-in-progress, The Witness Tree.
I have a wide variety of interests and consider myself a Renaissance woman of sorts. Here are a few fun facts about me:
- I'm an INFP on the Myers-Briggs personality assessment (alongside Frodo Baggins, Anne-with-an-E Shirley, Fox Mulder, J.R.R. Tolkien, and William Shakespeare)
- According to Sally Hogshead's Fascination Advantage, I'm The Catalyst (Passion + Innovation)
- According to the Gallup StrengthsFinder, my top 5 themes are Responsibility, Input, Learner, Harmony, & Intellection
- I rank as a High S and High C on the DISC Assessment. My values are Very High Individualistic, Very High Aesthetic, High Theoretical, Average Altruist, Average Regulatory, Average Economic, and Very Low Political
- I'll listen to almost any musical genre, from EDM and 90s rock to oldies and Celtic folk music
- I'm a die-hard fan of Hanson, Weird Al Yankovic, and Gaelic Storm
- My favorite movies (and the books they originated from!) include Star Wars (just...all of them), Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit trilogy, The Hunger Games trilogy, the Harry Potter series, Spirited Away, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Napoleon Dynamite, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, The Secret Garden, Pride and Prejudice, Elf, and more...
- I double-majored in Professional Writing and History at the University of North Alabama
- My favorite historical periods to study are ancient Greece (especially mythology); medieval Europe; Tudor England; the Renaissance & Reformation; early colonization of North America (especially Roanoke & Jamestown); the Revolutionary War and early formation of the United States; the Gilded Age (with an emphasis on late 19th-century New York City); the Romanov dynasty (Nicholas II the Russian Revolution); and more...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Want to get in touch?